Socio-psychological portrait of a modern medical intern in a ten-year dynamics
Keywords:postgraduate education, medical interns, psychology, social behavior
We analyzed over 3,000 anonymous surveys of interns who studied the Emergency medicine course this year and 10 years ago. We were studying their psychological features and social behavior in ten-year dynamics. The main characteristics of representatives of generation Y in medicine were determined. Representatives of this generation need an individual personal approach, which would allow transforming the downsides of mosaic thinking, features of behavior and attitude to the educational process, modern passion for gadgets and manner of communication into positive qualities.
Mannheim K. Diagnosis of our time: wartime essays of a socio-logist. NY, USA: Psychology Press, 1997. 180 p.
Klygunenko O.M., Yekhalov V.V., Sliva V.I., Stanin D.M., Liashchenko O.V. [Prospects for optimizing the training of interns in the Emergency Medicine module]. Medytsyna nevidkladnykh staniv. 2012. 5(44). 71-74. (in Russian).
Litvinova N.P. [Generation Y: where is its button?]. Vestnik Altaiskoi akademii ekonomiki i prava. 2018. 4. 77-82. (in Russian).
Yekhalov V.V., Kravets O.V., Krishtafor D.A. Psychological features of the modern intern. The world of science and innovation. Abstracts of the 6th international scientific and practical conference. London, UK: Cognum Publishing House, 2021. 304-311.
Khomiakova E.I. [Generation Y in the context of social interaction in modern society]. Izvestiia Tomskogo politehnicheskogo universiteta. 2011. 319(6). 153-156. (in Russian).
Belousova M.V., Karpov A.M. [Client-oriented techniques of effective interaction in psychological activity (psychological workshop).] Kazan, Russian Federaion, 2019. 48 p. (in Russian).
Iliinskaia S.G. [Man manipulated (political instability as an expected consequence of modern educational technologies)]. Filosofskaia mysl. 2019. 11. 1-10. (in Russian). doi: 10.25136/2409-8728.2019.11.31441.
Tulgan B. [Not everyone will get a prize. How to manage the Y generation]. Moscow, Russian Federation, 2017. 256 p. (in Russian).
Trahan L.H., Stuebing K.K., Fletcher J.M., Hiscock M. The Flynn effect: а meta-analysis. Psychological Bulletin. 2014. 140(5). 1332-1360. doi: 10.1037/a0037173.
Rikel A.M., Kogel D.D. [Ideas about the association between successful career and romantic relationships]. Natsionalnyi psikhologicheskii zhurnal. 2015. 17. 111-118. (in Russian).
Osetrova O.O., Borysova Yu.V., Piroh L.A. [Teacher through the eyes of students: reconstruction of the image using the method of incomplete sentences]. Scientific journal of the National Pedagogical Drahomanov University. Series 5: Pedagogical sciences: realities and prospects. 2018. 63. 148-153. (in Ukrainian).
Yekhalov V.V., Samoilenko A.V., Romaniuta I.A., Barannik S.I., Miziakina K.V. [The problem of speech culture in modern higher medical education]. Ukrainskyi zhurnal medytsyny, biolohii ta sportu. 2020. 3(25). 392-397. (in Russian). doi: 10.26693/jmbs05.03.392.
DTTL Team. The Deloitte Global Millennial Survey 2020. Deloitte Global, 2020. 31 p.
White D., Wurm M.A. The economic consequences of millennial health. The Health of America. Blue Cross Blue Shield. Moody’s Analytics, 2019. 32 p. https://www.bcbs.com/sites/default/files/file-attachments/health-of-america-report/HOA-Moodys-Millennial-10-30.pdf.
Yurieva L.N., Shusterman T.I., Kokashinskii V.A. [A study of the prevalence of anxious-depressive symptoms among medical students of III–IV courses and their influence on the quality of life]. Development of the export potential of higher education: content, experience, prospects: materials of the XI International methodic confe-rence. Cheboksary, Russian Federation, 2019. 340-344. (in Russian).
Vodopianova E.V. [Millennials: Russian and European versions]. Nauchno-analiticheskij vestnik IE RAN. 2020. 1. 129-133. (in Russian). doi: 10.15211/vestnikieran12020129133.
Radaiev V.V. [Millennials: how is Russian society chan-ging]. Moscow, Russian Federation, 2019. 224 p. (in Russian). doi: 10.17323/978-5-7598-1985-1.
Twenge J.M. iGen: why today’s super-connected kids are growing up less rebellious, more tolerant, less happy — and completely unprepared for adulthood — and what that means for the rest of us. NY, USA, 2017. 352 p.
Strochka O.B., Einer K.M. [Features of empathy development in medical students]. Psychological and pedagogical problems of becoming a modern specialist: a collection of scientific articles: materials of the IV international scientific-practical conference. Kharkiv, Ukraine, 2018. 105-111. (in Ukrainian).
Izimbergenov N.I. [New ethical and deontological problems of modern medicine]. Medicinskii zhurnal Zapadnogo Kazakhstana. 2016. 50(2). 3-10. (in Russian).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.