Intoxications by lead and its inorganic compounds
Keywords:lead, inorganic lead compounds, chronic intoxication, anemia, polyneuropathy, encephalopathy, lead colic, antidotes
Lead belongs to the group of blood poisons that impair the synthesis of porphyrins and heme. Under industrial conditions, only chronic lead poisoning can develop. Lead belongs to the poisons that have the effect of material cumulation. The half-life of lead is 20 years. Once in the body, it is deposited in many organs in the form of the insoluble tribasic lead phosphates. A significant part of the lead is deposited in the trabeculae of the bones. Under the influence of provoking factors, an intensive lead release from the depot can be observed. In such cases, the amount of lead in the circulating blood increases sharply, and remission is replaced by an exacerbation. There is a wavy course of chronic lead intoxication. Lead and its inorganic compounds belong to the group of poisons that have a polytropic effect on the body, affecting many organs and systems. The blood system (anemia with specific characteristics) and the nervous system (polyneuropathy and encephalopathy) are primarily affected. A number of other organs and systems are also affected. The most severe specific syndrome of gastrointestinal tract damage is lead colic. Due to the impaired synthesis of porphyrins and heme in certain biological substrates of the body — in the blood, erythrocytes and urine, substances unused in the synthesis of heme are accumulated. They are markers of chronic intoxication caused by lead, in the presence of a relevant clinical picture. The diagnosis is based on data from a professional history, sanitary and hygienic characteristics of working conditions, clinical and objective characteristics of the disease and data from laboratory examination. The main thing is to stop contact with lead and remove it from the body. Antidotes for lead poisoning are chelators: tetacinum-calcium, pentacinum, D-penicillamine. In combination with technical and sanitary-hygienic measures to prevent chronic intoxication caused by lead, preliminary and periodic medical examinations of persons in contact with lead are of great importance.
Новикова М.А., Пушкарев Б.Г., Судаков Н.П., Никифоров С.Б., Гольдберг О.А., Явербаум П.М. Влияние хронической свинцовой интоксикации на организм человека (сообщение 1). Сибирский медицинский журнал. 2013. № 2. С. 13-16. Режим доступа: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/vliyanie-hronicheskoy-svintsovoy-intoksikatsii-na-organizm-cheloveka-soobschenie-1/viewer
Ткачишин В.С. Професійні хвороби. Київ: Інформаційно-аналітичне агентство, 2011. С. 468-473.
Gerald F. O’Malley, Rika O’Malley. Интоксикация свинцом (сатурнизм). Режим доступа: https://www.msdmanuals.com/ru/профессиональный/травмы-отравления/отравления/интоксикация-свинцом
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.